Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Painting

I decided that the mounts were very abrasive in their natural particle board texture, so I hid them by simply painting them the same color as the wall.

When painted, and especially after they are covered with the shelves, the mounts blend in great! Much better than my other mounting option, actual store-bought right-angle mounts. And these are somewhat recycled!


As for the shelves, a high-quality spray paint turned out to be the best path for me to take. A shelf after one coat of paint! A second was applied later, and I used 4 cans of spray paint.
This image makes the edge look quite jagged, but that is actually post-sanding, and is very smooth. Smooth enough that I feel comfortable letting my nice suitcoats hang directly against it!

The colors turned out quite nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment